Homebrew Forums Christmas 2015 Beer (and beer swap)
  • ceanntceannt
    barleywines are cool, in that there is a pretty wide range.... could end up with some radically different interpretations.... I like this idea
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    ceannt said:

barleywines are cool, in that there is a pretty wide range.... could end up with some radically different interpretations.... I like this idea

if that's the case.. veto
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B
  • BenSBenS
    As long as we limit the BU:GU ratio to 1:2, I'm down for barleywine.
    There's no starting point. It's just a massive sea of shit to wade through until you find the occasional corn kernel. -DrCurly
  • ThymThym
    You mean minimum, right?
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • jlwjlw
    There are currently five willing to participate. Maybe we will get a few more if we keep bumping. Here are the ideas I've heard so far: Stout, Dopplebock, Barleywine. I think we could also add: Porter, Strong Ale, Belgian Strong Ale (triple or quad).
  • jlwjlw
    I would also add that if this works out maybe we should do more beer swap threads. I think there could be some really cool threads about some of the beers identified in this thread.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    yes.
  • BenSBenS

yes.

+1
    There's no starting point. It's just a massive sea of shit to wade through until you find the occasional corn kernel. -DrCurly
  • BenSBenS
    jlw said:

There are currently five willing to participate. Maybe we will get a few more if we keep bumping. Here are the ideas I've heard so far: Stout, Dopplebock, Barleywine. I think we could also add: Porter, Strong Ale, Belgian Strong Ale (triple or quad).

Who's the 5th? Me, you, FZ, and father time.
  • BenSBenS
    And we better decide quick. I'm brewing a delirium tremens clone this weekend and probably an oaked dragon's milk a couple weeks after that.
  • ThymThym
    BenS said:

jlw said:

Me?
  • C_BC_B
    BenS said:

jlw said:

Father time! Ha!
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • BenSBenS
    Lakewood said:

BenS said:

jlw said:

Me?

Oh, you're for sure in? Not being a smart ass, just thought you were waiting for the style before you decided.
  • ThymThym
    BenS said:

Lakewood said:

BenS said:

jlw said:

Me?

Oh, you're for sure in? Not being a smart ass, just thought you were waiting for the style before you decided.

Im in. I'll brew whatever style you guys want. I just hope we decide on vinegar mold stout, because im really good at making that.
  • jlwjlw
    I'm not sure we are any closer to coming to a conclusion on a style here. So, what do you guys think about a Belgian Triple or Quad or a Stout? Both are good winter warmers, both I think age well and you can do a lot with making them unique.
  • BenSBenS
    Agreed. Just pick one and let's get going.
  • jlwjlw
    I'll give it another day or so and pick one.

@FromZwolle
    @lakewood
    @ceannt
    @c_b
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    jlw said:

@FromZwolle
    @lakewood
    @ceannt
    @c_b

emails.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    jlw said:

I'm not sure we are any closer to coming to a conclusion on a style here. So, what do you guys think about a Belgian Triple or Quad or a Stout? Both are good winter warmers, both I think age well and you can do a lot with making them unique.

stout as a fist choice. tripel would be cool too, though. never had a quad, so i'm not sure if i want to brew a whole batch of it.
  • BenSBenS

jlw said:

@FromZwolle
    @lakewood
    @ceannt
    @c_b

emails.

Yay!
  • jlwjlw

jlw said:

stout as a fist choice. tripel would be cool too, though. never had a quad, so i'm not sure if i want to brew a whole batch of it.

Then go try a quad. I mean right now. Drop everything you're doing and go.

@fromzwolle

BenSThym
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    jlw said:

jlw said:

@fromzwolle

i've never even seen one.
  • jlwjlw
    Have you ever had St. Bernardus Christmas Ale?

• ceanntceannt
    jlw said:

jlw said:

@fromzwolle

this. Right now
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    jlw said:

Have you ever had St. Bernardus Christmas Ale?

nope