Homebrew Forums Christmas 2015 Beer (and beer swap)
  • BenSBenS
    Tried a sample. I'm very excited. Might send out bottles early because it's so good right now.
    20150329_125827.jpg
    5312 x 2988 - 4M
    There's no starting point. It's just a massive sea of shit to wade through until you find the occasional corn kernel. -DrCurly
  • jlwjlw
    Finally, brewed my Christmas beer two weeks ago. I'm going to let sit in primary another two and then bulk age it until maybe August. I've decided to do a coffee addition.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    i still haven't. i think i'm set on a final recipe, but i'm almost positive my mash tun can't handle a five gallon batch. i'm building a new tun, so hopefully the weekend after thus upcoming one will see high grav brewin.
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B
  • C_BC_B

i still haven't. i think i'm set on a final recipe, but i'm almost positive my mash tun can't handle a five gallon batch. i'm building a new tun, so hopefully the weekend after thus upcoming one will see high grav brewin.

Build thread?
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    C_B said:

Build thread?

eventually.
  • BenSBenS

C_B said:

Build thread?

eventually.

Hopefully this yr.
    There's no starting point. It's just a massive sea of shit to wade through until you find the occasional corn kernel. -DrCurly
  • BenSBenS
    Besides FZ, you only have to brew enough to send to us.

C_B
  • ThymThym
    5 gal should be enough for me, but what's he going to send you guys?
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    BenS said:

two ounces each?
  • BenSBenS

BenS said:

two ounces each?

It would save me the trouble of pouring the rest down the drain.
  • jlwjlw
    BenS said:

BenS said:

two ounces each?

ha ha ha
  • ThymThym
    BenS said:

BenS said:

two ounces each?

:|
  • BenSBenS
    So I just tapped this beer tonight after letting it carb for the last 2 weeks. It's drinking so well I'm thinking of mailing out an "early bird" bottle to those of you who want it. Any takers?
    20150414_184550.jpg
    5312 x 2988 - 3M
  • ThymThym
    Um. Yeah?
  • C_BC_B
    BenS said:

So I just tapped this beer tonight after letting it carb for the last 2 weeks. It's drinking so well I'm thinking of mailing out an "early bird" bottle to those of you who want it. Any takers?

Sure thing!

To be clear, I have no intentions of participating...
  • jlwjlw
    Yes
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    BenS said:

you're the dumbest person i know.
  • BenSBenS
    PM me your address if you want a bottle. Probably won't send them out for another 3 weeks til I can get some coin to buy a bottle filler.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    send me the whole keg and i'll bottle it up for you.
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat
    C_B said:

BenS said:

Sure thing!

To be clear, I have no intentions of participating...

Basically this, but I'm thinking about it if I get around to a high-grav dark-colored beer.

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B

• jlwjlw
    This didn't ferment quite as low as I wanted but it still tastes really good out of primary. Putting in storage for at least 6 months.
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
  • morsmors
    Have not thought about this thread in awhile... but went downstairs and noticed the carboy of this sitting in the corner... < 3 months to go. We ever figure out how we were going to make the trades?
    BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
    Cicerone Certified Beer Server
    AHA Member
    CRAFT Homebrew Club
    Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
    HBT "mors"
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat
    @C_B was going to send some out a while back (said it was at it's peak). I have a stout that's an never-ending keg I could send, but I never made something for this concept.

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B

• C_BC_B
    DrCurly said:

@C_B was going to send some out a while back (said it was at it's peak). I have a stout that's an never-ending keg I could send, but I never made something for this concept.

Lies.
  • ThymThym
    It was @BenS that had the good stuff ready to send. Not sure where @jlw is on it. I failed. Miserably.