Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Categories

In this Discussion

Note to Visitors: Many posts have uploaded pictures that are only visible to logged in members. You may sign up for free and you will be able to see them.

Top Leaders

Top Posters

Who's Online (1)

Feeling generous? Help keep HBF running.
Get the sticker that shows them how you really feel.
Different carb levels different taps?
  • C_BC_B
    I have a kegerator that currently holds 4 cornies. Ima set it up on a platform in the basement and run lines up to the kitchen above for taps on the wall (badass, I know). In working through the math to figure out tap line diameter and length I've had trouble deciding what carb level I want to set the system up for. Obviously this plays a big role in serving pressures soooooooo, I'm thinking this.... One line set up for 14psi, 2 lines set up for 10-12 and a line for the stout faucet. that probably means two 3/16 and two 1/4. Generally I'll always have something on the stout faucet. Always have a lightish or wheat beer and two middle of the road or low carbed beers in the other two. What would be the disadvantage?
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • C_BC_B
    Oh and I have multiple regulators, faucets, CO2 and beer gas tanks to have pretty much all the hard parts except the 1/4" line.
  • ThymThym
    There's no real disadvantage, except you have to deal with two different sizes of line and the fittings for those sizes. Other than that I say go for it. Most commercial installs only put in one line size. When in doubt the smaller size is probably better, because a slow pour is better than a fast foamy pour
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

There's no real disadvantage, except you have to deal with two different sizes of line and the fittings for those sizes. Other than that I say go for it. Most commercial installs only put in one line size. When in doubt the smaller size is probably better, because a slow pour is better than a fast foamy pour

I mean, ideally I would just buy flow control faucets and run a larger lines. But you know, monies.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    C_B said:

Generally I'll always have something on the stout faucet. Always have a lightish or wheat beer and two middle of the road or low carbed beers in the other two. What would be the disadvantage?

you'd have to buy a lot of beer to keep up with this plan.

CurlyFat
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B